
How can one begin to describe the blessing of a "SISTAH"?? This Girl on Speed had the privilege of escaping to her "soul sistah's" condo in Charleston with 4 of her 5 "sistahs" and mom for a wonderful weekend! Sistah Kelly - we surely missed you and pledge that you won't get away with missing the next excursion!!
The "Road Trip" was just that ... a TRIP ... with discussion topics running the gamut. Ya want a solution to the economic crisis?? Just stick the politicos and so-called experts in a Honda Odyssey van with the "sistahs" and we'll have it worked out before the next Diet Coke stop!! SERIOUSLY!!
The mixture of creativity, humility, humanity and, of course, humor crammed into the beautiful souls of these amazing women is nothing short of phenomenal. And, before you get the mistaken impression that we spent our entire time in deep debate and contemplation ... let me just say each and every one of them plays a MEAN game of CatchPhrase. Put the ticking blue device in a "sistah's" hand and the gloves are off, missy! I was sooooo glad my "soul sistah" Rita wasn't in the mix or this Girl on Speed would've been reduced to a pile of blubbering muck (FOR GOD'S SAKE)....
For those of you who don't have sisters ... or who don't connect regularly with the sisters you do have - my prayers go out to you. I pray that there are women in your life who can fill the much needed spot of counselor, companion, confidante, competitor (friendly, of course), personal shopper and comedian in much the same way that my "sistahs" do! There's a lot of world that needs to be changed and without the loving support of our SISTAHS, the job just got harder.
I'd be remiss if I didn't also send out a loving message to our 2 brothers (and 4 B.I.Ls) who are deliberately omitted from our EstrogenFests. We know they secretly wish they could be as much fun as we are (hee hee hee)!!
1 comment:
So sweet! What fun we had - can't wait to road trip it again. These moments together are priceless for me! That reminds me: I owe you a check. :)
Post a Comment