It's hard to fathom that a child of mine is actually 29 ... after all, I'm mistaken for 29 all the time (hardy har har har).
But 'tis true - the eldest Barnett child is on the cusp of the 3rDecade and, as is a mom's prerogative, I'm going to take a few minutes to celebrate the gift that is Tim!
Those of you who know Tim already appreciate his huge heart and his helpful hand! His contagious smile can melt away any sour mood ... and can usually get him out of a heapuv trouble! He has a quiet but solid work ethic ... I'm convinced there is NOTHING this guy can't do if he's determined to get it done. He's taught himself to play the guitar (and doesn't play it for his mama enough). He's helped build not only houses - but homes. He's pushed through some pretty tough times and has pulled others (including yours truly) through even tougher times. He rarely appreciates his many gifts. His presence in my life is a cherished blessing.
Tim and I share a very special connection. (In addition to our insane passion for round ball). We truly grew up together. In those tough, tough, tough early years, he (and Kermit) kept me focused and reminded me there was no challenge too great if we hung in there together & counted on God.
My birthday prayer for my firstborn is simple: Recognize and cherish those gifts bestowed on you by our Creator. Use them fully and share them often. Fear not!
Happy birthday, son! I love you without limits!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Happy Birthday Tim! Emmanuel...
Post a Comment